Monday, January 7, 2008

Keeping it straight

A problem I quickly encountered was that I was accumulating information far faster than I could digest it. I began bookmarking webpages and saving documents as fast as I could, but soon my bookmark list was to the bottom of my screen and my desktop was covered with docs and PDFs. The sheer volume of things to read actually discouraged me from reading any of it, as if it was the junk pile in my garage. Once I started shoving links and documents into folders like so many virtual broom closets, I realized it was time to get organized. I was already losing the battle to keep my regular documents in good order, so I started with my file organization first. Plenty of good stuff out there, but I settled on Directory Opus 9 for Windows which is not free, but offered all the features I was looking for and a 60-day trial. I will post some more thoughts about it after I have used it for a bit.

No comments: